Class Instructor: Terry Bradley, MRWA
Course Code: 7145-12-21
Credit Hours: 4
Type: Approved for All Treatment & Distribution System Operators / Process
361 Michael Lane
Aberdeen, MD 21001
This session will be covering the use of Fluoride chemicals in Community Water Systems. The student will learn of the beneficial use of fluoride chemicals and some of the controversies surrounding its use. The student will explore different types of fluoride chemicals and equipment used during the fluoridation process. We will also discuss regulations regarding safe dosage and MCL levels of fluoride in drinking water.
- Overview of fluoride chemicals.
- Benefits and controversies concerning the use of fluoride.
- Understanding the fluoridation process, chemicals and feed equipment.
- Laboratory testing requirements and MCL regulations.
- Mechanical and chemical safety concerns when dealing with fluoride chemicals.